Wednesday 4 January 2017

Drafting and Planning: Double Page Spread Draft v1

The following is the first version of the Double page spread for my music magazine. Currently I have not taken any original photography for my magazine and so I have used a place holder where imagery will be. This draft is representative of my final product. 



As you can see above, I have taken a large amount of inspiration from Rock Sound’s design for their double page spreads. In Rock Sound, they tend to do multiple Double Page Spreads about one artist/band. Because of this they have one double page spread that is almost an “Introduction” to the feature. On this page, there is one bar of text (as you can see on the right side of the page) that “sets the scene” if you will, they then go into much more detail in the following Double Page Spreads.

I have chosen a theme of white, black, the magazine’s house colours (redish) and *Blue*. *Blue* represents any colour that will create symbiosis between the artist and the magazine, for example, if the artist has a blue shirt on, I will use blue. I have chosen to use white backgrounds to my text boxes to give the text clarity over the main imagery that I will use.

In the bottom, left corner of the double page, I have included a pull quote, the positioning of this is not solid, when I have taken my photography and imported it into PagePlus I will decide a more permanent position for it.
As you can see, I have used a place holder where my main image will be, my main image will cover the entire double page spread, but will be set to the back – because of this I will need to take this into consideration when taking my photographs.

My page numbering is evens on the left and odds on the right, as though page one is the contents page. I have ensured that these page numbers are identical to the page numbers I have provided on the contents page, this gives the reader consistency.

*Currently, my article is incomplete, this will be added in once it is complete*

No comments:

Post a Comment