Monday 30 January 2017

Drafting and Planning: Feedback on First Draft

General Feedback

As a class, we received some general feedback, which included some things that I have already done but also included some things that I have not. The feedback we received was:
  • Must establish ideas from Research into Similar Products
    • E.g. asking ourselves “where did this idea come from?”
  • “New single” never appears on the front cover of a magazine as a cover line.
    • Instead, you will find “New album” or “Upcoming tour” – usually both
  • Artists lack musical Mise-en-scene.
    • E.g. wrong costume, wrong body language, etc.
  • Contents pages tend to lack “Substance”
    • i.e. low number of pages (e.g. below 100 pages for a monthly magazine)
  • too few cover lines in the table of contents
  • Front Covers, Contents Pages and Double Page Spreads all need a “holistic” approach
    • E.g. using the same cover star on the cover, contents and DPS. Using cover lines on the cover on the table of contents on the Contents Page
  • Content for DPS tends to be “Corny” with not enough content.
    • i.e. avoid saying things like “My fans are the most important thing to me”
  • Font size for DPS must be 8
  • Focus on SPaG – marks will be lost for poor spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Personal Feedback

My teacher and I had a one-to-one talk about feedback on my magazine, some of the feedback he gave me included:

  • The proportions of my masthead to my main cover star are off, masthead needs to be smaller and pushed upwards.
  • My skyline needs a lot of work – at the moment it looks too plain.
  • My main cover line needs to be more centralised and straight on my cover page.
  • My secondary cover lines need improvement. Currently, they are too blocky, could space them out a bit, centre my cover star and put cover lines around my cover star.
  • My DPS needs more content – not enough content of my article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment