Wednesday 28 December 2016

Drafting and Planning: Complete Article

In preparation for creating my magazine, I need to create an article to go on my double page spread. The first draft of which follows:
Second Passing is back! Fans of the British Alt-Rock band Second Passing took to twitter to welcome back the band after an almost 2 year hiatus following the revelation that the lead singer, Rachel Basset, was struggling with an addiction to cocaine.

Back in March 2015, Second Passing’s management announced the band’s hiatus to “Focus on the wellbeing of the band members and to take a break from the spotlight of the industry”. It was revealed that the lead singer, Rachel Basset had been admitted into a rehab centre to recover from a cocaine addiction. On her personal twitter the day of the announcement, he stated “yes the rumours are true I am being admitted to rehab for cocaine I would like to thank Second Passing for being with me through my recovery” followed by a tweet on Second Passing’s account saying “We are proud of Rachel for taking this step towards getting better, we ask that you all support him during this difficult time”.

Now, almost 2 years later, and with a fully recovered Rachel, Second Passing are back. On her personal Twitter, Rachel said “I would like to thank everyone who helped me during my time of need. I would also like to thank the wonderful staff at the centre I was treated at. I met some amazing people with some amazing stories. Hopefully, this will encourage anyone who is struggling to get help, you’re not alone!”
Second Passing has released a teaser of their upcoming 3rd album, in fact as you are reading you can pre order “Clear Head” on iTunes!  It is said that 25% of the profits raised from pre-orders will be going towards charities that helped Rachael.


This is the article that will be going down the right hand side of my Double Page Spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment