Monday 12 December 2016

Drafting and Planning: URL Positioning


One of the features commonly seen on a magazine is a URL to the magazine’s website. A URL is usually found written below or integrated into the masthead. I made 6 different mastheads all with the URL in a different position (above). The top, centre and bottom left mastheads are all the same size fonts, positioned next to, on top and below the masthead. Top and middle Right are similar, however top right is a bigger font size, which allows it to be more prominent. Finally, bottom right is the most different out of the 6 because it is positioned in the arrow with a white font.
My favourite out of the 6 is top right as I feel as though it looks most realistic. While I like bottom right a lot, I feel like it wouldn’t be used on a real magazines as it looks quite distant from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment