Monday 26 December 2016

Drafting and Planning: Table of Contents Layout


Above is my Table of Contents that will be positioned on my Contents Page. As you can see, I have split articles into 4 different sections: News, Featured, Regular and Album Reviews.

“News” includes stories that may be seen as big news in the alternative music industry. I have kept this section small as my magazine is monthly, and not every month has masses of news. Furthermore, because of my target audience, I feel if I was to include too much “News” it may feel boring to read.

“Featured” includes all the artists listed on the left hand side of my cover. I have put the featured second to top because that is what will be the selling factor to my audience.

Below that I have “Regulars”. These are the articles designed to keep the reader interested and encourages repeat custom.

I took the idea of “Album Reviews” from Rock Sound. On their contents page they have a number of “Album Reviews” which are displayed at the bottom of the table of contents. I have only set these to be one page long because I feel like a Double Page Spread of these would bore the reader.
As you can see from the page numbers, I have mixed all of the features (except for the Album Reviews) throughout the magazine as I wanted to give the reader a variation of content, as personally, I find it boring when there is a strict format, e.g. all Features, then all Regulars, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment